Usually, the housewife prefers to make green olives at home in his seasons rather than buying it ready, so we offer you, Madam, how to make it.
How to make green olives:
- Five kilograms of green olives.
- One and a half kilos of lemon juice.
- Lemon, cut into four equal parts.
- Three liters of water, each liter has seven tablespoons of coarse salt, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Hot green pepper.
How to prepare:
- Wash the olives and mix them with a piece of stone or a garlic pestle.
- Soak the olives in water for three days.
- Change the soaking water every day to get rid of the bitterness of the olives.
- Drain the olives from the water, and place it in the pickling jar.
- Add chopped pepper.
- Bring three liters of water, and add salt to them. Put a tablespoon of salt on each cup of water, and the lemon juice, then stir well.
- Add the lemon pieces, then cover with saline.
- Soak the olives in the jar.
- You can open the jar after two weeks.
- Pickling green hollow olive.
To pick green hollow olive, follow these steps:
- Green olives, large grain (Baladi).
- A bunch of finely chopped celery.
- A little chopped garlic, finely chopped.
- Some green chili rings.
- Some carrots.
- Two cups of lemon juice.
How to prepare:
Prepare large green fruits whose tissues are a bit hard, and they are called apple olives.
Wash the olives you picked well.
Discard the seed and remove it with the dedicated tools.
Soak the olives in clear water for three days, taking into consideration to change the water once a day. Peel and cut the carrots into cylindrical shapes with a diameter equal to the diameter of the olive hole.
Bring some celery and chop it.
Fill the olives with chopped celery, then fill the hole with the Frankish Islands. Put the olives in the pickling jars in interchangeable layers with a finely chopped celery, a little chopped garlic and a few green chili rings.
Cover the olives with brine with two cups of lemon juice.
Squeeze the olives a little by hand.
You can put some lemon peel on the surface.
You can put a layer of oil on the surface of the jar, approximately 1 cm, to keep it from mold as long as possible.
Close the jar tightly.
Leave it for 2-3 weeks and then open it.
Green olive tagine:
A kilogram of pitted olives. * Kilogram of chopped carrots. * A pinch of salt. * Whole chicken weighing one and a half kilograms. * A cup of onion, sliced. * A cup of water. Half a tablespoon of tomato paste. How to prepare * Put the green olives in a saucepan over a medium heat, cover with water and leave to a boil. * Remove the pot from the heat and strain the olive kernels from the water. * Wash the chicken well with water, then cut it into six pieces, then put it in a saucepan on the fire, with three tablespoons of oil and saute from all sides. *
Add onion slices, cut carrots, add a cup of water and leave the ingredients for thirty minutes until they are done on a low heat. * Put the grains of olives on top of the ingredients, and leave them again for an additional fifteen minutes. * Add tomato paste and salt, and stir the ingredients from well to homogeneity, then serve the tagine dish hot.